What is Botulinum Toxin?
Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) is a neurotoxin used to treat facial wrinkles and lines. These are frequently caused by facial movements including frowning, squinting and smiling.
How can I prepare for the course?
The course manual will be sent to you ahead of the day. We strongly advise putting in as much preparation as possible prior to the course including noting any questions you may have.
The course and course material cover a wide range of topics including:
- How Botox works
- Initial consultation guidelines
- Contraindications and cautions in Botox treatments
- Dilution information
- Equipment requirements
- Patient positioning
- How much to inject and where
Practical elements of the course
As well as the presentation, each delegate will have the chance to do a full medical consultation. Working with their own model, you will assess their face, check their suitability for Botox treatment and ensure that they understand possible risks or side effects.
Supervised by Dr Nilu, you will then carry out the treatment on your model.
Groups are designed to be small with a maximum of six per course. So the practical session enables delegates to observe each other and closely watch a range of treatment indications and techniques.
This Botox training course will give you the chance to:
- Learn by watching others
- Practice your own consulting and assessing techniques
- Perform a supervised treatment on your model.
There will be plenty of time to ask questions and gain guidance and feedback from Dr Nilu.
Is there support available after the course?
- We provide ongoing support to course participants via phone calls and emails.
- If you feel you need more confidence in injecting, you can take part in follow-on observation days.
- If you need additional advice we will be happy to help with this.
- Support continues even after you have started offering Botox treatments at your clinics.
What if I am not a prescriber?
If you do not hold a prescribing qualification you can attend the course, but you will need a doctor or nurse local to you who will be able to provide a face-to-face prescribing service for patients. We will try to help you locate one if needed.